Weather | 8/24, 0.03" rain, 56°, 73° | 8/25, p. cloudy, 59°, xx°
| 8/26, xx°, xx° | 8/27, xx°, xx° | 8/28, xx°, xx° | 8/29, xx°, xx°
| 8/30, xx°, xx° |
- Monday, 8/24: A Bird's Gift
- Light rain started falling in the late morning hours and continued for a couple hours. It was never in the forecast and never acknowledged by various weather products.
- While it was raining, I spotted a squirrel heading for the pickup. I jumped outside as it looked like it would jump under the front of the pickup and hollered at it, so it ran to the north.
- I decided to hunt squirrels from the east end of the machine shed. I sat for two hours watching trees grow and listened to an eastern wood-pewee the entire time. Right before I left, the bird dropped a perfectly aimed bomb on the bill of my cap. I wiped the bird pooh off on the grass, went inside, and washed the hat. I guess it didn't like my presence!
- Mary took a photo of a pearl crescent butterfly (see below).
- Mary picked a few worms and eggs off garden plants, but had a hunch she was missing several. She went back out as darkness fell armed with the UV flashlight. She found 31 small worms of various types. Altogether, she picked off 40 worms and three eggs.
- While Mary was out in the dark, she saw a lone firefly. We thought they were all finished for the season, but that's not the case.
- The wiper motor arrived via regular mail exactly one week after I ordered it.

No comments:
Post a Comment