Wednesday, April 3, 2019

March 24-30, 2019

Weather | 3/24, 0.04" rain, 43°, 56° | 3/25, 0.01 rain, 34°, 53° | 3/26, 33°, 58° | 3/27, 33°, 66° | 3/28, 0.84" rain as thunderstorms, 49°, 69° | 3/29, 45°, 53° | 3/30, 2.00" rain, 35°, 40° |

  • Tuesday (3/26): We cut firewood.
  • Wednesday (3/27): The kitchen sink catch basket loosened up so water was draining underneath when the sink was full of water, so I replaced the sink drain with a new one. While taking it off, I discovered that the nut holding it on was broken. The new drain is much better. Since I couldn't get to it in the morning, Mary unloaded the trailer full of firewood in the afternoon. Our new boots arrived. It's sure nice to have dry feet. Hopefully, these will last longer.
  • Friday (3/27): I've been hearing grinding when applying the brakes on the Cadillac, so I looked at all of the brake pads. They look fine. I think it's just grit on the rotors because of mud on the gravel roads. I tried to rotate tires, but the left rear rim is frozen on the hub. These chrome rims leak air, a common problem with GM chromed rims. I'm going to buy new rims without chrome. I'd rather have continuously inflated tires rather than shiny rims.
  • Saturday (3/28): A ton of rain fell today revealing several leak issues with our roof. We need a new roof...hell, we need a new house. Churchill has gone an entire week without a bloody nose. He's one tough cookie!

No comments:

Post a Comment